- Common name: Banana (Eating) / Fruit
- Scientific name:
- CHamoru: chotda, aga
- Filipino: saging
Flavor profile: sweet, starchy
Best used as: fresh, cooked (steamed / fried)
Cooked Green Banana in coconut milk
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
(13.5 ounce) cans coconut milk
6 small unripe or green cooking bananas
1 large onion chopped
- Combine the coconut milk and onion in a bowl; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil the bananas in their skin for 30 to 40 minutes; drain.
- Run the bananas under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- Remove the bananas whole from their skins.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place the bananas in the pan.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bananas.
- Cook until the coconut milk is foamy.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.