- Common name: Bok choy (bok choi)
- Type: Leafy green
- Scientific name: brassica rapa subsp. Chinensis
- Filipino: Pechay
Flavor profile: mustardy
Best used as: stir-fry or soups
Easy Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 8 heads baby bok choy, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, and cook the garlic in the hot oil until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the bok choy, and cook and stir until the green parts of the leaves turn bright green and the stalks become slightly translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to serve as a side or over hot brown rice.
Tip: Protein can be stir-fried and added for a more substantial meal.