- Common name: Calamansi
- Type: Citrus
- Scientific name: Citrus mitis
- CHamoru: Kalamanse’
Flavor profile: clean, fresh, slightly sweet
Best used as: fresh, pickled. Squeeze on any finished dish that needs a little brightness.
adapted from this recipe by Pinoyrecipe.net
- 1 liter iced cold water
- 12 pieces calamansi
- 6 – 8 tablespoon honey (to taste)
- Ice Cubes
- Clean and wash calamansi then cut into halves.
- Squeeze and strain the calamansi in a pitcher and discard pulp and seeds.
- Pour a liter of water on the pitcher.
- Add honey and then stir thoroughly until honey dissolves.
- To serve, put ice cubes on a tall glass then pour the Juice.