- Common name: Cassava
- Type: Root
- Scientific name: Manihot esculenta
- CHamoru: Mendioka
Best used as: cooked thoroughly, deserts, with coconut milk
Quick and Easy Cassava Cake
- 2 1/2 cups fresh grated cassava
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F, and grease pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cassava, coconut milk, butter, egg, evaporated milk, sugar, condensed milk, and mix until well combined, set aside.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by mixing the condensed milk, coconut milk, egg yolk, until well combined, then set aside.
- When the cassava is golden brown, firm or 50 minutes into baking, remove the cassava from the oven and pour the topping over the casava and spread it, then bake for 15 to 20 minutes more. .
- Garnish with grated cheese and broil for a few minutes or serve and enjoy