Type of Vacancy: Salaried, full-time
Start date: December 2023
Location: Chamorro Village and various program sites
Report to: CEO and CFO
Compensation: Salary starts at $30,000 with health insurance provided.
The Education Programs Manager’s main role is to accomplish strategic objectives by overseeing multiple project activities. They will also plan, organize, and coordinate education programs and produce educational experiences through collaboration with our participants and partner organizations.
Main tasks include:
- Design and implement programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
- Oversee the project team
- Analyze the success of the program
- Strategize how to implement new programs and enhance current programs
- Write program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted program services.
- Develop the program’s communications to internal and external audiences
- Develop and track the budget and operating plan for each program.
- Monitor student progress and communicate with parents regarding academic concerns
- Evaluate the effectiveness of educational programs, policies, and procedures, and make recommendations for improvement
- Supervise members and volunteers at different sites when needed
Other duties as assigned
- Communication. Must be able to clearly and concisely deliver information to a variety of audiences.
- Collaboration. Interpersonal skills are necessary for working with staff, participants, organizational leaders, and trainees.
- Decision making. Selecting and creating education programs that fit an organization requires well-thought-out decisions.
- Leadership. A person in this role must be able to effectively oversee and direct a team.
- Instruction. The education program manager must understand the concepts of teaching to help develop education programs.
- Critical thinking. An individual in this position must be able to assess and analyze current programs and know when and how to implement changes when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 2-4 years work experience in teaching (leading or coaching) PK – 8th grade students
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support operational needs
Graphic design skills and marketing experience is a plus but not required.
Interested applicants may send their resume to email@example.com or call 671-486-4721.