AmeriCorps Program Coordinator
Under the direction of the Program Director, this position will provide and coordination program monitoring, recruitment and training services, and assist with the technical aspects, evaluation and program development for AmeriCorps Guahan Sustainable Culture program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the recruitment, interview, and screening of all potential AmeriCorps members.
- Assist in the supervision, performance evaluation, and recognition of AmeriCorps members and service sites.
- Establish and monitor systems for tracking outcomes and impacts of program activities.
- Maintain AmeriCorps Members/volunteer records including documentation of hours of service (GAPs) provided and AmeriCorps member’s payroll and scheduling.
- Work with Site Supervisors to develop appropriate placements for AmeriCorps members.
- Conduct evaluation with Site Supervisors regarding current members and service projects.
- Coordinate program planning meetings and training activities including full participation of the Serve Guam Commission and other AmeriCorps programs in the mid-year member training(s).
- Attend mandatory monthly Serve Guam Commission Training and Technical Assistance meeting.
- Monitor program sites to ensure that project requirements and objectives are met on a timely basis.
- Assist sites in developing program objectives and evaluation tools.
- Serve as principal liaison to AmeriCorps Guahan Sustainable Culture and SGC for day-to-day program implementation issues.
- Coordinate evaluation activities.
- Assist with the design and development of special studies to investigate unique aspects of the program.
- Ensure Service Project Flyers are submitted to SGC prior to start of projects.
- Monitor member performance measure data collection, provide technical assistance to AmeriCorps members as needed and verify program data.
- Ensure member service projects under performance measure for focus areas are compliant with CNCS (Corporation for National and Community Service), Serve Guam Commission and approved grant guidelines and procedures.
- Correspond via email and phone with AmeriCorps program, Partner Organizations, AmeriCorps Members and Serve Guam Commission.
- Conduct site visits to provide technical assistance to program operating site locations, interview members, meet with day-to-day site supervisors and program directors and review records systems for adequacy to support member and program.
- Participate on coordinator-driven Community outreach and AmeriCorps events.
- Develop and finalize AmeriCorps training and curriculum guide. .
- Conduct other duties as assigned to fulfill AmeriCorps Guahan Sustainable Culture mission.
Key Organizational Relationships:
This position works in close collaboration with:
- Site Supervisors at all service locations where members serve.
- All 19 village mayors
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECKS:
Selected Individuals must agree to undergo a national service criminal history check:
(1) A nationwide check of the “National Sex Offender Public Registry” (NSOPR);
(2) A State Check (Superior Court Clearance) – a search of the state criminal registr(ies) in the state in which the individual in a covered position will be primarily serving or working and the state in which the individual resides at the time of application;
(3) FBI fingerprint-based criminal history repository check.
(4) Guam Police Clearance
(5) Drug Test
This position is contingent upon the results of the required background checks. This position has access to vulnerable population.
- High school diploma or college graduate
- Experience in planning, human services, community service, education, environmental or related field preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and utilizing the Internet and email.
- Ability to organize and coordinate various activities, multi-task.
- Ability to be independent, flexible, and committed to change task as conditions change.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment.
- Cultural Competence
- Must pass criminal history checks including drug testing.
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary Range: $20,800.00/annually
Reports To: AmeriCorps Program Director
Supervises: AmeriCorps members and monitors program site locations
Category: Full Time, 8am-5pm. May be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Start Date: Open until filled
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Michelle Crisostomo at AmeriCorpsGSC@gmail.com. For further inquiries, please call (671) 687-6491
THIS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT