AmeriCorps Program Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OVERSIGHT RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports to the Executive Director (ED) and will supervise Program Staff; Program Coordinator (PC) and Program Administrative Assistant (AA) and provide program oversight with the direction of the ED, and Serve Guam Commission (SGC) in AmeriCorps Program and Member management, and fiscal compliance. This position will work to provide program monitoring, securing coordinated efforts of recruitment and training services, and assist with the technical aspects, evaluation and program development for the AmeriCorps Guahan Sustainable Culture (GSC) Program funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) through the Serve Guam Commission, which oversees AmeriCorps programs on Guam. The Program Director is responsible for ensuring the program meets all standards and requirements of the AmeriCorps grant.
In this capacity, performs office administration activities, provides direct administrative support to the
Program Executive Director, and performs wide-ranging data analysis and program administrative support activities for the AmeriCorps Guahan Sustainable Culture Program initiatives.
- Assist ED, PC in the recruitment, interviewing, and screening of potential AmeriCorps members.
- Work with Program Coordinator to develop appropriate placements for AmeriCorps Members.
- Serve as principal liaison to Serve Guam Commission staff for day-to-day program implementation issues and for assuring general administrative needs of the program are met, including: maintaining and archiving program and administrative files under lock and key.
- Sends out required notifications and/or notifies program staff as directed. Correspond via email and phone with AmeriCorps program, Partner Organizations, AmeriCorps Members and Serve Guam Commission.
- Organize and secure coordinated planning meetings, regular trainings, professional development opportunities, and other development strategies such as evaluation activities to foster improvements in team capacity and project success.
- With the direct assistance of program Administrative Assistant: maintain sound organizational management, and documentation systems, conducting Criminal & History Checks, and other operational practices compliant with federal laws and regulations, Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and Serve Guam Commission requirements.
- Uses office automation equipment and various designated systems to complete administrative support activities and produce a variety of program or administrative documents in final format; such as ongoing enhancement of Supplemental Policies and Procedures and overall Framework of Program.
- With the direct assistance of Program Coordinator: Generates reports requested from executive director, including: program progress reports, compliance monitoring plans and results; member demographics; member placement; and project histories.
- Conduct site visits to site locations where members serve & community partners throughout the year. Oversee the regular monitoring of sites and service projects to ensure that project requirements and objectives are met on a timely basis. With Input from Program Coordinator, Members and Sites: Assist sites in developing program objectives and evaluation tools. Provides direct support to program staff and satellite supervisors in addressing program concerns and issues. This includes conducting evaluations with Site Supervisors regarding current members, service projects and program staff.
- With the direct assistance of Administrative Aide: Maintain AmeriCorps Members/volunteer member file and records including documentation of hours of service (OnCorps) provided and AmeriCorps member’s payroll.
- Manages team member performance evaluation, corrective action and grievance processes in a mature, professional manner- seeking to resolve issues as quickly as possible with clear steps for improvement and accountability.
- Define and revise a theory of change for how the program activities will lead to long term results, including performance measures with outcomes;
- Utilize appropriate data collection instruments to analyze and complete reports on member and program performance as demonstrated by the data.
- Utilize quarterly and annual data to make ongoing improvements to strengthen the program;
- Actively participate in managing the budget of the program; work cooperatively with financial and leadership staff to develop practices that effectively plan for and manage program funds and provide for accurate documentation;
- Plan and participate in skill and knowledge-building educational opportunities that promote personal and professional growth.
- Oversee implementation of service projects & provide technical assistance to AmeriCorps members as needed and verify program data.
- Attend mandatory monthly Serve Guam Commission Training and Technical Assistance meeting.
- Attend mandatory Trainings to support Program Evaluations, Data Collections, and staff development.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Organizational Relationships:
This position works in close collaboration with:
- Program Executive Director, Program Coordinator, Program Administrative Assistant
- Serve Guam Commission Executive Director and Staff(s)
- Site Supervisors at all service locations where members serve.
- Guahan Sustainable Culture (GSC) Organization
Selected Individuals must agree to undergo a National Service Criminal History Check:
(1)A nationwide check of the “National Sex Offender Public Registry” (NSOPR);
(2) A State Check (Superior Court Clearance) – a search of the state criminal registr(ies) in the state in which the individual in a covered position will be primarily serving or working and the state in which the individual resides at the time of application;
(3) FBI fingerprint-based criminal history repository check.
(4) Guam Police Clearance
(5) Drug Test
This position is contingent upon the results of the required background checks. This position has access to vulnerable population.
- College Degree preferably in Human Services and/or Public Administration
- Training in all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database programs;
- Ability to multi-task, be independent, flexible, and committed to change task as condition change.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of people and work in a team environment.
- Must pass criminal history checks including drug testing.
- Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays as needed.
Reports To: Program Executive Director, SGC, GSC
Supervises: Program Coordinator, Program Administrative Assistant. Assists in the supervision of AmeriCorps members
Category: Full Time
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Michelle Crisostomo at AmeriCorpsGSC@gmail.com. For further inquiries, please call (671) 687-6491
Equal Opportunity Employment